Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thing That Make Me Go Hmmn!

-Thursday's Thrills!-
Vegan cookies! Say what? Yummy for breakfast or lunch or dinner! This goodness is mine and now yours thanks to Joy the Baker! I hope you like as much as me! 

Carrot Carrot Cherry Millet Breakfast Cookies

makes about 2 dozen cookies (adapted from 101 Cookbooks0

1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)

1 cup old-fashioned oats

3 tablespoons dry millet

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup coconut oil, melted

1/2 cup real maple syrup

heaping 1 cup shredded carrots

1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped

2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger

Place racks in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, millet, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside.


In another medium bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, shredded carrots, dried cherries, and ginger.  Add the wet ingredients, all at once to the dry ingredients.  Fold together until thoroughly incorporated.  Let dough stand for 5 minutes before spooning by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets.


Bake for 10 minutes, or until just slightly browned and cooked through.  I like these cookies a bit underdone.  Remove from the oven; allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.  Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.  The fresher the cookies are, the better they are… obviously.


Get Inspired! "Are you Passionate?"-as Neil Young might ask in one of his songs.


Every thing over at Who What Wear is inspiring me lately as is The Zoe Report which is emailed to you, daily! This is very dope! 
Urban Outfitter's fall selections are very cool, this year! I like their new twist on a blog/zine thing that they're doing over at Urban! It's working and people are buying! Keep it up! 
I am inspired by some stuff lately and need to get my butt in gear and post my own content stat! Fortunately, I haven't been squandering this time and have been working on little projects that we will all enjoy and benefit from soon! I have been busy with my new job (teaching Theatre at BHHS), a quick trip to Utah for two dear friends' nuptials (AWESOMENESS!), making art and jewelry! All of this stuff has halted posting for a few days last week and this week! Well, I am going to post a few things to help get our collective creative juices flowing until I get my big ole' butt in gear, tonight, to scan & crop some images! Enjoy Thursday's Thrills! 
xo Love you all till tonight! xo -B

No comments:

Post a Comment

I need your comments so I can operate with efficacy. They provide me valuable feedback and help enlist other style operatives.