Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Under My Thumb!
I Thumbed Through my Personal Recipes & Found
Double Stuffed Cream Cheese French Toast
I hope you all love as much as we do!
Double Stuffed Cream Cheese French Toast (2-4 servings)
8 slices of your favorite Bread (white, french, wheat, raisin)
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
4 tsp of strawberry jam
1/8 cup sugar or substitute with agave/stevia/splenda to taste
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 dash of cardamom (keep it simple and do not overdo)
1 dash of salt about 1/8 tsp
2 tblsp of butter melted in the pan prior to cooking
powered sugar to garnish and to taste
a few strawberries to garnish and to taste
The Method to the Madness:
1. Remove the cream cheese from package and place into a mixing bowl with sweetener and stir until cream y and smooth.
2. Place bread on a cutting board and spear the cream cheese mixture on four slices of bread.
3. Smear 1 tsp on the remaining 4 slices of bread.
4. Put the sandwiches together and set them aside while creating the egg mixture.
5. Mix eggs, milk, spices and salt with a whisk until whipped and mixed fully.
6. Dip each side of the sandwiches into the egg mixture while the butter is heating in a frying pan on Medium heat. Put each sandwich into the frying pan as each is coated.
7. Cook fully on each side until golden and egg is cooked on each side.
8. Remove complete french toast and put onto serving plates.
9. Use a sieve to shake powdered sugar onto each plate.
10. Cut each strawberry into slices and place them on the plate with the french toast and powdered sugar!
11. Eat and enjoy while it's still hot and the cream cheese is gooey and delicious!
Enjoy with some awesome Costa Rican, french pressed coffee and if you have some cacao or hard dark chocolate, grate some, using a micro-plane, into your coffee or onto the french toast! It's really yummy and extremely good for you and your mood!
Give this a try and you will not regret it. Just get a great work out in later! xo ;D