Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WTW (WHAT TO WEAR?) Wednesdays

DTLA Explored

THE BLACKSTONE LOFTS
We looked around LA last week and stumbled upon a lot of lovely local galleries with wonderful work. These three were on display in our own building's gallery. 

The crystals were found at a very new age gallery that sells raw food, juice and crystals along with the art installation. They have yoga on certain days of the week and I think it's pretty cool. I felt like I walked into a small type of Natural History Museum or one of The Selby's home posts!

AT THE LAST BOOKSTORE IN DOWNTOWN PRETENDING TO READ ANIMAL FARM, AGAIN!
We went to a bookstore that is AMAZING. It's kind of hidden and you have to search behind two doors to find it and then you're in this large expanse of a place with a woolly mammoth head on the wall and orchids displayed everywhere. There was an art installation there too and it was quite cool. I felt like I was walking through a fairy tail for grown up children. The paperback book decor that floats along the top of the wall near the vaulted ceiling and tins on the ceiling looks like a sailboat navigating through waves. Absolutely lovely!

WTW? I wore a black linen dress with an awesome detailed back and buttons that cannot be seen (next time) found downtown from it's maker/designer, army navy surplus military coat that's been tailored, Cole Haan off-white & white oxfords with leather shoe laces (purchased separately), vintage embroidered bag circa 1960s and a crystal bullet necklace found on etsy.



WAITING FOR TREATS AT SYRUP!
After al this excitement, I had to break my juice fast/cleanse to eat my favorite homemade ice cream at SYRUP! I also had whole grain raisin walnut toast with Nutella. The line was so long but it is completely worth the wait. When they're less busy, Cort and I go upstairs and play board games as we enjoy our treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I need your comments so I can operate with efficacy. They provide me valuable feedback and help enlist other style operatives.