Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vacationing in San Diego

Off to See A Midsummer Night's Dream, Eat at Jai and Stay at the Sheraton at the Marina

He's off to his internship and I am off to the hotel to get sun burnt.
My dinner and Cort's dinner and my viogner

Jai
Blurry, but I like it that way.
Playing in the trees.



Part of the set that is copyrighted...oops! We weren't supposed to take pictures, but it's so lovely. You should have seen it when everything turned upside down and the lights came out of the floor. There were acrobatic fairies flying all over and balancing upon each other too! Gorgeous! I think it was a very kitsch set design and show in general (in a good way)!
The sky looks like the world of the play.
I am trying to be an acrobatic fairy!
The maritime themed hotel room.

A Midsummer Night's Dream
We decided to take off for a night to San Diego to see a play. Our friend Martin Moran is playing Puck and it is an extremely conceptual production, set in a topsy-turvy world where the furniture lifts off the floor and fabric is used to create fog. The entire show was set to a score, played by a live orchestra and the acrobatics were amazing that all the fairies interpreted effortlessly. Seriously, this is the best production of Midsummers I have been witness to and I am so ecstatic that my husband's internship at the La Jolla Playhouse afforded us this wonderful opportunity to go to this production for free! 

Jai
We ate at Jai, a Wolfgang Puck restaurant, that is directly across the way from the theatre. We started with an heirloom tomato and avocado salad with a light white wine dressing. I had the orange sesame noodles with butterfish and the hubby had the braised short ribs with wasabi mashed potatoes and fried onions. He drank a Japanese beer and I had an exceptional viogner. For dessert, we had the molten chocolate truffle cake with espresso gelato and fresh raspberres and strawberries. I ordered the Port by the glass to pair with all the delicious chocolate. This was a pretty good meal, nut the portions were a bit small for my tummy. Everything agreed with my palette, but I wanted more for and sent the hubby to Taco Bell late night. During the day, I hung by the pool and drank a mimosa while eating a hummus platter. I loved the pool at our hotel.

Our Hotel
We stayed at the Sheraton at the Marina and the views of the boats and company was tremendous. I can't wait to go back to this hotel again. The rooms were really cute (recently remodeled) in their nautical theme. The patriotic red, white and blue was a blast. I loved the large vanity with marble and chrome in our bathroom. Our little nook of a balcony was cozy and I truly loved the view of the harbor and the city! I met such lovely people by the pool. I had to borrow sunscreen because I accidentally left ours at home. This made it easy for me to strike up conversations with a few nice women and they made my morning since the Hotel staff was so accommodating and gave me such a early check in (11:30 a.m. instead of 3:00 p.m.)! We checked out this morning and snuck back into the pool for an entire day of relaxing in the sun! More of that adventure to come tomorrow!

What I Wore:

Shoes- Steve Madden leopard flats
Trousers- Theory, flat-front, flared, pleated trousers
Camisole- Bebe
Top- Papell Boutique Evening bedazzled tank (thrifted)
Jacket- Wilson's Leather (thrifted)
Jewelry- Jessica Necklace, bullet necklace (dinsosaurus on etsy), white plastic bracelet and white lucite bracelet (thrifted), Ring (gifted from dad), & Diane Von Furstenberg costume earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I need your comments so I can operate with efficacy. They provide me valuable feedback and help enlist other style operatives.