Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mixing Textures and Prints

Today I went for a lovely walk to pick up cat food for my baby cat, Bianca. I also stopped for some cheap fish tacos and sun hunting! The old Polaroid was in tow with the digital and I found a little magic. What a glorious day it has shaped into! I seriously heart Long Beach.


I decided to take a very ugly 80's, silk, power blouse and make it sweet and contemporary! I altered the sleeves and reattached their cuffs. I love how it turned out. The skirt was long at first and could've been worn as a dress, but it made me feel boxy. I snipped it short and re-sewed the hem. Voila, new clothes via the thrift store! Shoes-Steve Madden, Bracelet-vintage lucite (thrifted), rings-handmade goodies (gifts from my dad), gold bracelet-gifted to my mom by way of dad and now mine, earrings & Necklace-etsy (I wish I could remember the amazing seller), Pearl Necklace-husband gifted to me, Feather Necklace-thrifted pin with a gold chain, Handbag-vintage (thrifted) with a wise owl pin (thrifted)and Leather Jacket-thrifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I need your comments so I can operate with efficacy. They provide me valuable feedback and help enlist other style operatives.